To grow microgreens can be a valuable indoor gardening lesson for homes or classrooms.
An atmosphere of love and respect for plants and animals in the home and classroom is the best foundation for a lifetime of comfort with, and interest in, nature. This begins in the home as the child absorbs the family’s attitude toward gardens, houseplants, weeds, wild birds, and pets.
Lessons that make a deep impression come from first hand experiences of plants and animals; nothing can substitute for seeing, and smelling flowers in the home, and watching the daily growth of a flower or vegetable in the garden or filling a bird feeder with a parent and watching which birds come to feed.
This is the time to introduce gardening to children and growing microgreens is the absolute best way to do so!!
With that in mind, New Life Greens has put together a Starter Grow Kit and Refill Grow Kit for children. To make it more attractive to the little ones, different microgreen characters of magical, tiny leaves will captivate their minds and inspire them to grow each little green. Our Microgreen Power Pouches is also great to kick-start.
Microgreens will capture the imagination of your child as sleeping seeds turn into abundant green life! Growing the Micro Shooters will create awareness of sustainability, provide food, and encourage healthy eating. They are super tasty – so even the pickiest little eaters will be surprised.
Microgreens are by far the easiest way to get kids to eat their veggies, and they will also learn to be creative with their food. Gardening at home should be encouraged to develop things like planning, work ethic, problem-solving, responsibility, and using their fingers.
𝐆 𝐫 𝐨 𝐰 𝐓 𝐡 𝐞 𝐦 𝐀 𝐥 𝐥 !!!
Pawsome Pet Grass
Help your children 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 with our range of Microgreen Grow Kits for Kids – 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗿𝗼 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗿s. The perfect gift.
𝙺𝚒𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚒𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜, 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚣𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚛𝚝!
What is the benefits of children growing microgreens?
- can be grown in the smallest of homes and classrooms – they don’t take up much space and can be moved around.
- can be grown all year round – regardless of the season.
- are relatively clean – as they only need a small amount of soil, the children don’t have to dig deep to plant the seeds and although the children may make a mess, it can generally be contained.
- are nutritious and edible – can go into a salad, on sandwiches, on top of crackers and dip, or top other dishes like pasta.
- children can observe the full plant lifecycle up close – as they are grown inside the children can easily observe the plant growth every day. The children can be involved from start (planting the seeds) to finish (eating the Microgreens). Older children can measure their growth and record the growth through drawings or photographs.
- they grow quickly – we see the plant begin to emerge in days and it usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to grow before harvesting.
- are easy to harvest – the children can harvest the microgreens themselves with a small pair of scissors. Often there is enough for all children to have a turn at harvesting.
- they are easy for young children to plant – unlike spacing seeds and planting rows in a traditional garden, Microgreens are planted in a layer sprinkled across the top of the soil, perfect for young children who may be overenthusiastic with their planting.
- suitable for children with varying ranges of mobility – children don’t need access to a garden or the outdoors. Planting and caring for Microgreens is suitable for children inside and working at a table.
- easy to care for – they require watering and we need to expose them to indirect sunlight but there are generally easy to care for.
- help to develop fine motor skills – children can use their fine motor skills to plant the seeds and develop hand strength when using a mister or spray bottle to water the Microgreens, and to use scissors for harvesting.
- New Life Greens did all the hard work of putting the perfect grow kits together, so that you can only enjoy the fun part – to get GROWING!